There’s nothing like hitting the road in a new car, truck or SUV. But before you head out, you’ll need to pay for your vehicle. Never fear, our Finance Department will get you in and out as fast as possible, making sure you have the right loan or lease for your needs.
Ford Motor Credit offers car loans and leases for both individuals and commercial drivers. We’ll take the time to explain the pros and cons of purchasing versus leasing, so that you’ll feel very comfortable with whatever financing decision you make.
We know that everyone has a unique credit history, income situation and driving goals. That’s why we’re happy to work with you to discover the best credit source for your loan or lease. In addition to Ford Motor Credit Company, we also work with other lenders to help those who may have less-than-perfect credit.
Low interest car loans are available for customers with existing loans. We can help you refinance your car loan or adjust the term of the contract to help you get that new vehicle you want.
Individual Ford Credit Financing
The most common financing options for individuals (or co-borrowers) through Ford Credit are listed below:
- Standard Purchase: Available for new, used and certified pre-owned, this Ford Finance option offers typical car loan financing and features flexible payment terms. You have the ability to modify your car, truck or SUV any way you like and you’re building equity in the vehicle. Since there aren’t any mileage restrictions, a standard purchase loan can be smart if you travel extensively. It is most often used for those borrowers who have good credit, funds for a down payment or a car they’re trading in.
- Flex Buy: Featuring a unique payment plan, buyers will have lower payments the first few years and “regular” sized payments after that pre-determined term. Only available for new vehicles, this can be a good option for someone just getting started in their career or who has short-term expenses that prevent them from taking on a full-sized payment at the current time.
- Red Carpet Lease: Depending on your financial situation, a lease may be an attractive way to pay for a new vehicle. We have a variety of popular terms with multiple mileage options. Lease payments can be lower than loan payments, but you don’t own the vehicle at the end of the term—unless you choose to buy it at a pre-determined price. Otherwise, most people who lease decide to transition to a new leased vehicle when the existing term is up.
In addition to Ford Financing for individuals, couples and other co-borrowers, Ford Finance also has an extensive list of commercial financing choices:
- Commercial Retail Financing: Flexible options to meet the needs of your business.
- Commercial Red Carpet Lease: Enjoy driving a new Ford more often? This closed-end lease might be right for you.
- CommerciaLease: Customizable open-end lease.
- Commercial Line of Credit: Supports your need to build up your fleet.
- Chassis Financing: Ideal for vehicle modifiers.
- Daily Rental Financing: Convenience and a competitive edge for your team.
- Municipal Financing: Helps manage community vehicle costs.
You can begin the process by using our online credit estimator
right this very minute. We don’t require your Social Security Number or date of birth. Because this free service is just an estimator and not a “hard” credit check, running the estimate won’t affect your credit score.
However, if you ARE ready to actually apply for credit with La Porte Ford in La Porte, Indiana, then you can complete our secure online credit application
. Most decisions are made within minutes.
One of the factors in determining how much your finance or lease costs will be is whether or not you have an existing car or truck to trade in. Your vehicle will need to be evaluated for its trade-in value, based on its popularity, the condition it’s in and how much you still owe.
Our handy online estimator
makes it possible for you to get an initial assessment of your car or truck’s current market value. Of course, this is just an estimate based on answers to a few questions. Ultimately, your vehicle will need to be inspected at our dealership so we can provide you with an official trade-in allowance. Check it out now!
Optional Add-On Protections
None of the following products and services are required as part of your purchase or lease. However, we think it’s important to share these options so you can make an informed decision about ongoing protection you may want for your new SUV, truck or car:
Ready. Set. Go.
- Extended Service Plans: If you plan to own your vehicle for a long period of time or spend a lot of time on the road, then you may want to consider an extended service plan. This provides coverage after the manufacturer’s warranty expires and options vary from minimal to comprehensive; some have a deductible while others don’t. It’s important to know who backs the plan—whether that’s Ford Motor Company or another provider.
- Maintenance Plans: Just like our homes and our health, proper care and maintenance are important to long-term well-being. Yet, it’s easy to let maintenance slide, especially since costs may come at an inconvenient time. That’s why we offer maintenance plans that range from basic coverage for things like oil changes and tire rotations to more extensive service to help provide ongoing care for your vehicle.
- Guaranteed Asset Protection: Often referred to as GAP, this insurance provides financial protection in the event of an accident. Here’s how it works. If your car or truck is stolen or totaled in an accident, GAP will cover all or part of the difference between the insurance settlement and what you still owe on your loan or lease.
Our experienced and caring Finance Department team members are driven to help people find the financing scenario that works best for them. We’re always happy to outline new financing deals or current Ford lease offers. We look forward to meeting you—and making it possible for you to drive away in the vehicle of your dreams!